|Contact name||Anne Lusk|
|Home area||6,147 sqft|
|Lot Area||0.23 acres|
This property is part of the Victorian past in the Historic District of Columbia, Pennsylvania. It is a home with character and a view of the Susquehanna River. The original house was built during two separate periods: 1836 and 1878. All restoration work has been completed to period specifications and all original wood and artifacts were retained and restored. All electrical wiring, plumbing, heating systems, including hot water heater have been renewed. The house features three porches, one a lovely second floor porch, and three fireplaces which were part of the heating vent system. The parlor contains art plasterwork on the ceiling and a beautiful chandelier from the original Brunswick Hotel in Lancaster, PA. The first floor also has a library with original built-ins, a formal dining room, and a large kitchen with a dumbwaiter, which went down to a summer kitchen. The second floor has five bedrooms and two large bathrooms. The third floor has a lovely ballroom and three unfinished bedrooms used as storage space. Original pine flooring was maintained and left wherever possible. The kitchen floor was replaced with beautiful, durable quarry tile. The home is furnished with elegant Victorian pieces and is in move-in condition. Columbia has reinvented itself into an arts and antiques center. It was named one of the ten best small towns in America by the Smithsonian in 2014.
30 W, Columbia/Marietta Exit, Continue onto PA-441 S, Left on Locust St, Right onto S. 2nd St.