|Contact name||Jeff EPPERSON|
The 6th Cavalry Post established in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia, was built between 1904 and 1905. The famous mounted 6th Cavalry were at this post. There were 14 total stables for the various horses including the band stable, built between 1904 and 1905. Unfortunately, all of the stables have been destroyed except one. This last remaining stable stand prominently in the center of the Historic District of the city. The city is in the middle of a large road project renovation and infrastructure build. With around 11000 Square feet on the main level and around 3000 square feet in the loft area for storage, this building remains a mostly original example of the bone structures of the stables. The property has been on the National Historic Registry since 1979, and is fully qualified for Historic Tax Credits including both state credits capped at 300K and Federal tax credits with no cap, as well as several low interest state loans available for renovation.