|Contact name||Anna Beatty|
|Home area||2,533 sqft|
|Lot Area||2.44 acres|
Beautiful historic home for a residence or business. Zoned agriculture. The property is nestled on a quiet road close to everything necessary. The property has an outside canning shed, smoke house and a large workshop built in 2008 which also includes a garage. 4 bedrooms with a loft makes 5 bedrooms, all with ample closet space. Two staircases to the second floor. If you heat by woodstove the house will not require the use of oil most of winter. Logs are Kingswood, insulated and seasoned. Original hardware and hardwood floors throughout the house. Attic insulated and partially renovated. Shower and sink in the basement. In last 6 years: new pump for well, new softner and a new roof! A long front porch and the back porch are both tiled. Hand made corner cupboard. Well-established gardens that bloom constantly all spring, summer and fall. Vegetable garden and chicken coop on the premises. Wildlife abound and the yard has been landscaped for easy mowing. Traffic is very light though very close to activity. Love this pretty home. Come and see!
1 mile from Route 22 and 3 miles from Interstate 81.
Thomas and Richard Penn, under King George of England, sold the homestead to Thomas Robinson for the sum of twenty pounds, five shillings and nine pence.
Robinson then sold the property to Sam Sturgeon sometime before 1798. It is recorded that one slave, owned by Sturgeon, lived on the property. The homestead was then sold to Harrisburg Bank by sheriff sale for $506. Harrisburg Bank then resold the property to Jane Surgeon, a spinster, in 1829 for $700.73
Jane sold to Daniel Miller is 1833 for $1,200. Miller built an addition in 1840 to use as a butcher shop.
Miller’s heirs sold to Ida B. Peters in 1912 for $2,500. Peter’s sold to Ross C. Brightbill in 1913 for $2,525. Brightbill eventually sold to Samuel Geesaman for $3,400.
Geesaman’s heirs sold the property to their daughter, Anna Geesaman in 1942. Anna would sell to Joe and Evelyn Skinner in 1955.
After Joe’s death, Evelyn divided up the property and sold the original home and a little over two acres to John and Anna Beatty in 2007.
Additional Buildings / Amenities
- Carriage House
- Finished Basement
- Guest Cottage