|Contact name||Gary Gestson|
|Architectural Styles||Farm House|
|Lot Area||23.87 acres|
Historic Snyder’s Hollow Estate c.1920
Historic Snyder’s Hollow Estate is an exquisitely restored country home on 24+ park-like acres close to golf courses, skiing & Gettysburg Battlefields. A private setting bordering Michaux State Forest with a spring-fed pond, fenced paddock, and an abundance of wildlife and natural beauty, this is an extraordinary property for horse riding, hiking and retreat activities of all kinds. Featuring a large patio with fireplace-“smoker” combination and an adjacent enclosed 4 season heated porch for indoor/outdoor living, 4 spacious bedrooms (2 master suites), a cozy family room fireplace and tremendous charm, this is a home of rare and beautiful distinction, nestled in the beautiful Catoctin Mountains close to Washington, DC & Baltimore, yet a world away.
ABOUT SNYDER’S HOLLOW ESTATE
This is a private home located near Gettysburg Battlefield and Ski Liberty, approximately 1.5 hours from Washington, DC and Baltimore. The property consists of nearly 24 acres (an additional adjacent 1.3 acre lot with well is available for purchase) and adjoins the 85,500 acres of veritable wilderness in Michaux State Forest. It is located in historic Snyder’s Hollow and was remodeled by a renowned industrialist as a personal woodland retreat in the 1980’s. A second extensive renovation was completed in 2009 by the current owner. The decor throughout the home is “upscale camp” and showcases beautiful naturescapes from every window. The owner renovated the home as a classic deer camp, but with a “green” twist. No hunting is allowed on the property and strict native fauna conservation was implemented for the past 10 years. His vision was to make the land as hospitable as possible to all animals (deer, turkey, guineas, rabbits and incredible birds) that roam the land and inhabit its ponds, streams and forest.
SOME OF THE MANY AMENITIES
– 2 master suites and 2 double bedrooms
– 2 porches (one enclosed and heated)
– Large massage/dressing room
– Office with laundry area
– Beautiful, historically inspired kitchen with an original wood burning stove and a pristine spring water source
– Large gracious dining room
– Living room/billiards room
– Climate controlled detached 2 car garage, with an upper entertainment area and observation deck (remodeled in 2016)
– Approximately 24 private acres, with an additional 1.3 adjoining acres available for purchase
– Spring-fed stocked pond (catch and release only for the past 10 years)
– Hiking trails and horse paddock
– Deer stand on border with Michaux State Forest (observation only)
– 100 yard rifle range with formidable backstop
– A full complement of wildlife
– Substantial acreage may qualify for timber harvesting, or like-kind 1031 exchange opportunity
– Private Estate
– Hunting Lodge
– Bed & Breakfast
– 1031 Exchange for Timbered Land
http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateForests/FindAForest/Michaux/Pages/default.aspx – 85,500 acres adjoining Snyder’s Hollow Estate.
http://www.montereycountryclub.net/ – Nearby club with one of the oldest golf courses in the USA.
http://www.fairfieldborough.com/home.html – All about Fairfield and surroundings.
https://www.gettysburgfoundation.org/ – About the battlefields and attractions.
http://historichometeam.com/network/wp-content/uploads/snydershollow-plat.pdf – Property Survey
Additional Buildings / Amenities
- Carriage House
- Finished Basement
- Guest Cottage