|Contact name||David Sibray|
|Home area||3,072 sqft|
|Lot Area||1.8 acres|
Near the edge of national parkland in southern West Virginia, this c. 1800 tavern remains in near-perfect historical condition. Built of hewn timbers and sided in its original 1830s clapboard, the National Register property welcomed statesmen and pioneers traveling across the Alleghenies during the westward expansion and during the Civil War served as a headquarters for both northern and southern troops.
The tavern is located off US-60 scenic byway near the rim of the New River Gorge National River in a high-traffic tourism area that hosts more than two million visitors annually.